/etc/rc.d/named stop (Was: Re: RFC: Upgrade BIND version in RELENG_7 to BIND 9.6.x)

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 18 23:50:13 UTC 2010

On 12/18/2010 15:41, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> /usr/local/sbin/named from ports seems to be using a /var/named/var/run/named/named.pid file instead.

You're not using the default named.conf file then. What you've got there
is the named default, whether from ports or the base, doesn't matter.

I always suggest that people start from the default named.conf, and add
and subtract accordingly, preferably with include directives to make
life easier. Look at pid-file in the options section in particular. :)
It's different from the default due to hysterical raisins, which I'm
sort of loathe to change now.

hth,

Doug

			-- OK Go