RFC: Upgrade BIND version in RELENG_7 to BIND 9.6.x

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Sat Dec 18 14:44:35 UTC 2010

On 12/18/2010 12:41 AM, Doug Barton wrote:

> I am particularly interested in feedback from users with significant DNS
> usage that are still using 9.4, especially if you're using the version
> in the base. I would appreciate it if you could install 9.6 from the
> ports and at minimum run /usr/local/sbin/named-checkconf to see if any
> errors are generated. Of course it would be that much more helpful if
> you could also evaluate BIND 9.6 in operation in your environment.

Its significant to us, but not compared to large orgs usage wise:)  IFF
we had to make any config changes on this end we would view it as work
that would eventually need to be done regardless.  That being said, the
new named-checkconf seems happy on our main servers (~2,000 zones each)
so we would welcome this update to RELENG_7.

	---Mike