aesni(?) corrupts data on 8.2-BETA1

jhell jhell at DataIX.net
Fri Dec 17 22:37:41 UTC 2010

On 12/17/2010 09:01, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> On 12/16/2010 8:14 PM, jhell wrote:
>> On 12/16/2010 20:10, jhell wrote:
>>> Regarding this patch(r216455) and r216162 I have had to back both of
>>> them out of my local tree to avoid panics on a ZFS & UFS2 i386 system.
>

> I have zfs & UFS on AMD64 and have not seen any issues.  How do you
> trigger the issue in i386 ?   Or does it just randomly happen ?
>
> 	---Mike

I can simply run a scrub on the pool and within a little while within
12% - 18% it goes ker-plunk!. Not that it really has to do with the
percentage rage as it does the timing.

I do have prefetch enabled when this happens and currently running with
it turned off and will booting so said kernel.bad in a little while to
see if that makes a difference.

--

 jhell,v