HELP! /usr/bin/as core dump after 'make world' from RELENG_6 to RELENG_7

NAKAJI Hiroyuki nakaji at jp.freebsd.org
Thu Dec 16 03:03:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

I made world from RELENG_6 to RELENG_7 on my FreeBSD/i386 box.

make buildworld ... ok
make buildkernel ... ok
make installkernel ... maybe ok
reboot -- -s ... ok
mergemaster -p ... ok
make installworld ... ok
mergemaster ... ok
reboot ... ok

And then I did

make delete-old BATCH_DELETE_OLD_FILES=1
make delete-old-libs BATCH_DELETE_OLD_FILES=1

to update all other packages using "portmaster -a".

After all, "portmaster -a" gets a 'cannot compile' error. I found as.core
in the WRKDIR and 'signal 11' in dmesg.

I tried "gdb /usr/bin/as as.core" and got gdb.core file ...

Is there any way to recover from this terrible stuation?

BTW, I wonder why. Because a few days ago, I successfully updated my
another FreeBSD/pc98 box from older 6.2-STABLE to 7.4-PRERELEASE and then
8.1-PRERELEASE with the same way.

Thanks in advance.
--
NAKAJI Hiroyuki