DTrace (or other monitor) access to LBA of a block device

Alexander Leidinger netchild at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 6 15:17:11 UTC 2010

Quoting Artem Belevich <fbsdlist at src.cx> (from Sun, 5 Dec 2010
12:27:00 -0800):

> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Andriy Gapon <avg at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>> By the way, in order for this to work one would need r207057 applied
>>> to -8. Any chance that could be MFC'ed?
>>>
>>> http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=207057
>>
>> Nice catch.
>>
>> Alexander,
>> can that commit be trivially MFC-ed or are there any complications
>> around this
>> change?

I do not think it is trivial. The amount of discussion around this
does not makes me want to do a MFC.

> r207057 seems to depend on r206082:
> http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=206082

There are also some related changes in the Makefiles from the
dtrace-userland-provider commit(s) which should be included for
stable... IMO.

Bye,
Alexander.

"If you wanta talk to me, get me on Pop's special phone but don't call me
unless it's really important."
		-- Santino Corleone, "Chapter 2", page 85