Some /etc files seem out of date in RELENG_8 compared to RELENG_8_1

Geoff Roberts geoff at apro.com.au
Fri Dec 3 03:41:18 UTC 2010

Hi,

I was just doing and update to 8-PRERELEASE from 8.1 by using the
RELENG_8 tag in cvsup.

When I used mergemaster to update /etc, there were a number of files
being merged into /etc that are older revisions than those I had in 8.1.

You can check this for example by comparing the revision numbers at
the following URLS.

Compare say syslog.conf (there are a whole list of other files that
are out of date).

In 8.1 it has a revision of 1.30.2.1.4.1 - 5 months old

In 8.X it has a revision of 1.30.2.1 - 16 months old

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/?only_with_tag=RELENG_8_1

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/?only_with_tag=RELENG_8

Shouldn't RELENG_8 have all the changes that went into RELENG_8_1 as
FreeBSD moves to 8.2?

Kind regards,

Geoff