IPv6 + CARP + VLANs + pf == panic on 8-stable

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 1 19:06:39 UTC 2010

[ Pardon the cross-post, feel free to follow up to just one list, I'm on
both. ]

Running a system on the latest 8-stable as a router we are seeing the
following panic: http://pastebin.com/AJzXmEWe

Kernel is as follows:
include         GENERIC
ident           ROUTER
options         SW_WATCHDOG

options		DEVICE_POLLING
options		TCP_SIGNATURE
options		IPSEC
device		crypto
device		cryptodev

device		carp
device		pf
device		pflog
device		pfsync

options         ALTQ
options         ALTQ_CBQ        # Class Bases Queuing (CBQ)
options         ALTQ_RED        # Random Early Detection (RED)
options         ALTQ_RIO        # RED In/Out
options         ALTQ_HFSC       # Hierarchical Packet Scheduler (HFSC)
options         ALTQ_PRIQ       # Priority Queuing (PRIQ)
options         ALTQ_NOPCC      # Required for SMP build

options		WITNESS
options		INVARIANTS
options		INVARIANT_SUPPORT

options         DDB
options         BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER

Advice and suggestions welcome. A quick look at the diff between HEAD
and RELENG_8 didn't show anything obvious to me in the areas affected,
but that doesn't mean it isn't there. :)

Doug

			-- OK Go