make release in the subversion world

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Wed Aug 11 16:39:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 09:01:56AM -0700, Mark Saad wrote:
> All
>   Are there any new ways to build a release using svn and to not use cvs at all? make release still requires a CVSROOT is there a work around for this ?

Recent 7-STABLE supports using SVN for src, as does 8-STABLE.  (I
recently built a slightly-customized 7.1-R release on a 7.3-STABLE
system.)

CVS is needed for ports, I expect, if you want to include those in your
release.

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.