MFC of "Large set of CAM improvements" breaks I/O to Adaptec 29160 SCSI controller

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 28 20:12:52 UTC 2010

Pete French wrote:
>> I have some 29160N locally and I'll try to reproduce this.
>
> I would suggest you try gmirror across two drives - that is how
> both myself and the original poster first noticed the issue.

Thanks. First step successful - I can steadily reproduce problem on
CURRENT. raidtest with 200 I/O streams over gmirror of two disks on same
channel triggers issue in seconds. Any I/O on channel dying after both
disks report "Queue full" error same time. The rest of system works
fine. If I preliminarily manually adjust queue depth of one disk -
everything works fine. I'll investigate it tomorrow.

--
Alexander Motin