gmirror(8) rebuild speed

Andrew Reilly areilly at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 22 09:25:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:07:43 +0200
"Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen at punkt.de> wrote:

> When the rebuild is bringing your production system to
> a crawl and you are willing to face the tradeoff - hopefully
> because you have an additional backup for the worst case.

Fair enough.  I've noticed some slowdowns with re-builds, but I
generally thought it best to get it over-with as quickly as
possible.

It's possible to turn off auto-synch, so that you can start the
re-build at the beginning of a quiet-time, if there is one.  I
guess if the system is in demand 24/7 you'll need something else
though.

Cheers,

--
Andrew