rc(8) script -- waiting for the network to become usable

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 19 18:05:21 UTC 2010

On 4/18/2010 4:24 PM, Andrew Reilly wrote:
> By way of discussion, I'd just like to re-iterate what I
> said the first time around: it must be understood that this
> sort of thing is a (necessary) hacky-workaround that should
> ultimately be unnecessary.

While I find the discussion about launchd-type facilities interesting,
we have a real problem at the moment and now we have a real solution for it.

Jeremy, since no one has criticized your idea on a technical basis why
don't you run it by the -net and -rc lists to be sure that it's
technically sound, then I would be inclined to move forward with it.

Doug

			-- Propellerheads