Freeze on my laptop.

Masoom Shaikh masoom.shaikh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 09:35:16 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 3:31 AM, Demelier David
<demelier.david at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>        I'm so sad because FreeBSD is the one which can runs almost perfectly on
>        my laptop. But it freezes. Sometime I just do anything and I want to
>        click on a link in firefox, or open a terminal and then freeze.
>
>        There is no messages, no reboot nothing. Can't know where that come
>        from.
>
>        I'm running 8.0-STABLE on a hp probook 4510s.
>
>        King regards,
> --
> Demelier David

do u have dumpdev set in your rc.conf ? try setting it to AUTO, you
might get a core dump on next reebot
dumpdev="AUTO"

there is very little in your mail to infer anything, do you use
wireless net access ? what graphics card you have ?

these threads might be of help to you

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2010-March/214339.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2010-April/056096.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2006-April/016107.html