em driver regression

Mikolaj Golub to.my.trociny at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 20:40:22 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 14:52:07 -0500 Brandon Gooch wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Jack Vogel <jfvogel at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Try the code I just checked in, it puts in the CRC stripping, but also
>> tweaks the
>> TX code, this may resolve the watchdogs. Let me know.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Jack
>>

> Yes, this is indeed the fix for both the dhclient and VirtualBox issue
> (at least with my setup). There appear to be no ill effects either.

Today I have upgraded the kernel in my VirtualBox (3.1.51.r27187) to the
latest current and have "em0: Watchdog timeout -- resetting" issue. My
previous kernel was for Mar 12.

Tracking the revision where the problem appeared I see that the issue is not
observed for r203834 and starts to observe after r205869.

Interestingly, if I enter ddb and then exit (sometimes I needed to do this
twice) the errors stop and network starts working.

--
Mikolaj Golub