booting issue with xen

Henrik Hudson lists at rhavenn.net
Fri Apr 9 00:34:02 UTC 2010

note: i apologize for the new thread, but i accidently deleted the
old one.

I emailed a few days back about having issues running 8-STABLE in a
Xen environment. I solved this, sort of.

a) some more info on the environment:
	-it's a Xen HVM hosted environment. So, the XEN DomU kernel
	shouldn't be needed.
	-i386 if I didn't mention that before.

b) I stripped down the kernel file to barebones for Xen HVM and now
if I select "Boot in Safe Mode" it works fine.

So, the question to the list: What does "Boot in Safe Mode" disable
that is causing the hang up in Xen? The kernel boots, it doesn't
throw any obvious errors, but hangs at "Trying to mount disk". When
I select "Boot in Safe Mode" it comes up fine.

thoughts?

henrik
--
Henrik Hudson