em driver regression

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Apr 8 18:31:29 UTC 2010

At 02:17 PM 4/8/2010, Pyun YongHyeon wrote:

>Try this patch. It should fix the issue. It seems Jack forgot to
>strip CRC bytes as old em(4) didn't strip it, probably to
>workaround silicon bug of old em(4) controllers.

Thanks! The attached patch does indeed fix the dhclient issue.

>It seems there are also TX issues here. The system load is too high
>and sometimes system is not responsive while TX is in progress.
>Because I initiated TCP bulk transfers, TSO should reduce CPU load
>a lot but it didn't so I guess it could also be related watchdog
>timeouts you've seen. I'll see what can be done.

Thanks for looking into that as well!!

         ---Mike

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike at sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike