CPU problems after 8.0-STABLE update

Attilio Rao attilio at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 8 07:22:04 UTC 2010

2010/4/8 Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua>:
> on 08/04/2010 04:29 Akephalos said the following:
>> Attilio, I csup-dated several hours ago and rebuilt and installed the kernel
>> (and world, in case it matters).
>>
>> %uname -a FreeBSD free.bsd369441.org 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #0: Thu
>> Apr  8 03:01:13 EEST 2010
>> root at free.bsd369441.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>>
>> The problem persists without the machdep trick, I see only one processor in
>> top with 0.0% CPU load.
>>

> Interesting, I couldn't see anything obviously wrong about your hardware.
> Could you please post a verbose dmesg from a problematic boot somewhere?
> Also, output of 'vmstat -i' and Interrupt request lines portion of 'devinfo -u'
> output.
> Thanks!

I watched again the patch I committed to STABLE_8 and I can't find
anything wrong with it.
Also the fact that the setting machdep.lapic_all=1 fixes this means
that this may be an atrtc working problem.
Maybe new atom machine expose a problem with it?
I'm thinking if we might switch this into an opt-in rather than an
opt-out feature.

Attilio