CPU problems after 8.0-STABLE update

Akephalos akephalos.akephalos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 02:38:32 UTC 2010

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 14:51:47 +0200
Attilio Rao <attilio at freebsd.org> wrote:

> > I set machdep.lapic_allclocks to 1 at statup - top works now!! I can see
> > both processors with top -P, btw, everything looks fine, although I get core
> > dump for xfce4-taskmanager and can't test it (it's probably related to
> > something else).
> > ---
> >
> > I started powerd - it scales the frequencies correctly now.
> >
> > This seems to be the solution, is this a bug should I report or leave things
> > like this?
>
> Uhm, may you tell me which revision did you update to? May you update
> to the latest now, recompile your kernel, remove the hint
> machdep.lapic_allclocks and report if it works or not?
>
> Thanks,
> Attilio
>

> --
> Peace can only be achieved by understanding - A. Einstein

Attilio, I csup-dated several hours ago and rebuilt and installed the kernel (and world, in case it matters).

%uname -a
FreeBSD free.bsd369441.org 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #0: Thu Apr  8 03:01:13 EEST 2010     root at free.bsd369441.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

The problem persists without the machdep trick, I see only one processor in top with 0.0% CPU load.

--
Akephalos