ZFS Tuning - arc_summary.pl

jhell jhell at dataix.net
Thu Apr 8 01:24:19 UTC 2010

On 03/29/2010 12:11, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 09:43:08AM -0500, Barry Pederson wrote:
>> From another thread I saw, it sounds like arc_max isn't really
>> a "Hard Limit" but rather some kind of high water mark.  If that's
>> the case then I wonder if this might make more sense....
>
> It became a hard limit in a semi-recent commit somewhere.  I've lost
> count of the modifications at this point.  So, the perl script would
> have to read __FreeBSD_version in /usr/include/osreldate.h and adjust
> its output accordingly.

Update:

The current version in head r52 has these modifications now. As a side
note while doing the the original modification I noticed some strange
values (negative) and decided to just branch what I already had in head
to stable/7 and continue with the modifications in head. arc_summary.pl
has not been updated in the downloads section until I investigate more
what happened with those negative values and why.

I will probably be adding some more (2) lines to the ARC Size Breakdown
area that compares its current usage to the the target_size so a
comparison can be done side-by-side of the difference to current size
and what it would look like at the target_size.

Regards,

--

 jhell