ldd manpage - example does not work

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Tue Apr 6 09:11:56 UTC 2010

On 06/04/2010 08:36, Rainer Hurling wrote:

>> Install sysutils/bsdadminscripts and rung pkg_libchk. :)
>>

> I was not aware of this tool for this purpose :-)

I originally wrote it for the update from 6.x to 7.x, so that I could
find all packages being linked against the compat-ports and avoid
unnecessary builds.

> With textproc/opensp installed the script hangs after some time with the
> following message:

I doubt there is a connection. OpenSP is installed on my system
and it works fine.

> [..snip..]
> ImageMagick-6.5.8.10_1: /usr/local/lib/libMagickWand.so.2 misses libz.so.5
> arith: syntax error: ""0" + 1"-1.5.2_1

The arithmetics happen mostly during locking. I suppose the -1.5.2_1
is a remainder of a status message and not connected to the error.

Does this always occur in the same place? Maybe run the command with
-j1 to gain more predictable output.

Regards