Signing Request

Peter C. Lai peter at simons-rock.edu
Wed Sep 23 17:22:23 UTC 2009

At the risk of sounding offtopic and political, as participants in IT and
the open source community at large, aren't we supposed to hold ourselves to
the "higher standard" and promote the use of encrypted email? If we're
refusing to read signed messages because we have client-side problems with
signatures (and are too lazy to fix them), how do we expect (or wish for)
the rest of the world to do so?

On 2009-09-23 11:09:32AM -0500, Robert Noland wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 11:40 -0400, J. Hellenthal wrote:
> > If you do not need to pgp/gpg sign email message to the lists please don't. I
> > know I probably don't have your pgp public key and a lot more users probably do
> > not either. Please use your best judgment.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/pgpkeyring.txt
>
> Frankly, I always sign messages, except that evolution / gpg support is
> currently a bit broken...
>
> robert.
>
> > Thank you and best regards.
>
> --
> Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>
> FreeBSD

Peter C. Lai                 | Bard College at Simon's Rock
Systems Administrator        | 84 Alford Rd.
Information Technology Svcs. | Gt. Barrington, MA 01230 USA
peter AT simons-rock.edu     | (413) 528-7428