Base system's Heimdal with Openldap support?

Peter C. Lai peter at simons-rock.edu
Wed Sep 23 15:54:06 UTC 2009

It's probably a bad idea to link a binary in base with a library from ports...

security/heimdal has a WITH_LDAP make knob which should do what you want?

I'm not sure if it has OVERRIDE_BASE, though.

On 2009-09-23 03:02:43PM +0300, George Mamalakis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to build fbsd's basesystem heimdal with
> openldap support. I saw that /usr/src/kerberos5/Makefile.inc has a section
> starting with .if defined(WITH_OPENLDAP), so I built the world with the
> flag -DWITH_OPENLDAP. What I managed was to link the kdc binary with my
> system's openldap libraries, but no openldap code was compiled in the
> binary. ( kdc --builtin-hdb didn't return ldap)
>
> How could I achieve this with the base system's heimdal, without *hacking*
> the /usr/src/crypt/heimdal/configure* files? (the port's heimdal
> distribution gets configured with openldap backend)
>
> In case I have sent this question in the wrong list, please somebody inform
> me so.
>
> Thank you all in advance.
>
> --
> George Mamalakis
>
> IT Officer
> Electrical and Computer Engineer (Aristotle Un. of Thessaloniki),
> MSc (Imperial College of London)
>
> Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
> Faculty of Engineering
> Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
>
> phone number : +30 (2310) 994379

Peter C. Lai                 | Bard College at Simon's Rock
Systems Administrator        | 84 Alford Rd.
Information Technology Svcs. | Gt. Barrington, MA 01230 USA
peter AT simons-rock.edu     | (413) 528-7428