8.0 rc.d scripts less verbose?

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Tue Sep 15 14:59:50 UTC 2009

Ronald Klop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since I run 8.0 the rc.d scripts are less verbose. I have some problems
> with them, but the default output gives me no information anymore.
>
> In the 8.0-TODO wiki there is a mention about verbosity of the rc.d
> scripts at the bottom. Is there a way for me to increase the verbosity?

You can use rc_debug or rc_info in your rc.conf

rc_debug  (bool) If set to ``YES'', enable output of debug messages
            from rc scripts.  This variable can be helpful in diagnosing
            mistakes when editing or integrating new scripts.  Beware
            that this produces copious output to the terminal and
            syslog(3).

rc_info	  (bool) If set to ``NO'', disable informational messages from
            the rc scripts.  Informational messages are displayed when a
            condition that is not serious enough to warrant a warning or
            an error occurs.

Miroslav Lachman