Avahi compilation help needed

Sagara Wijetunga sagara at tomahawk.com.sg
Thu Sep 10 12:04:51 UTC 2009

Dear FreeBSD community

I'm trying to compile Avahi-0.6.25 (http://avahi.org/) on FreeBSD 7.2
(i386) [in fact, on Tomahawk Desktop]. It develops compilation errors.
Is it possible someone to help us by compile Avahi and identify the
compilations issues and propose relevant fixes. We use "./configure,
gmake, gmake install" method. For an example, first compilation issue
faced was <netinet6/in6.h> does not get included because
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 in the configure script.

We use D-Bus and Qt4 but do not use Mono. It may be doesn't matter to
build on Qt3. Please help us to get Avahi compile cleanly. We can
install and see whether it works or not.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Sagara