zfs won't automount

Lisa Besko besko at msu.edu
Thu Sep 3 17:15:34 UTC 2009

Dimitry Andric wrote:
> On 2009-09-02 18:55, Lisa Besko wrote:
>> I have a system that has a simple zfs raid 0 volume on it and it will
>> now mount when the system boots.  After the system is up I can run
>> /etc/rc.d/zfs start and it's fine.  I don't see any errors in the log
>> file other than the ZFS is experimental in FreeBSD message.  I'm running
>> FreeBSD 7.2 stable.  I have zfs_enable="YES" in the rc.conf file.  Am I
>> missing something?
>
> What do "zpool list" and "zfs list" say?

After I mount them they say this:

# zfs list
NAME      USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
sniffer  66.5K  1.96T  18.5K  /sniffer
# zpool list
NAME      SIZE   USED  AVAIL    CAP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
sniffer  1.99T    75K  1.99T     0%  ONLINE  -

When it boots and they are not mounted it says:

# zfs list
NAME      USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
sniffer  66.5K  1.96T  18.5K  /sniffer
# zpool list
NAME      SIZE   USED  AVAIL    CAP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
sniffer  1.99T    75K  1.99T     0%  ONLINE  -

but it does not show up when I do a df.

LB