zfs on gmirror slice

Maciej Jan Broniarz gausus at gausus.net
Tue Sep 1 16:04:14 UTC 2009

2009/9/1 Thomas Backman <serenity at exscape.org>:
> On Sep 1, 2009, at 4:04 PM, Maciej Jan Broniarz wrote:
>

> I'm not familiar with gmirror, but it'd be a way better idea to mirror it
> using ZFS if possible - that way you get self-healing and stuff like that,
> which you won't if ZFS doesn't have a mirror/RAIDZ setup, but only sees a
> single slice.

I would like to do so. I have to disks (ad4 and ad5). Is it possible
to create two slices on both disks (eg ad4s1 and ad4s2 for ad4).
Then to create gmirror on ad4s1, install freebsd on it so it would
boot from it. Then, after having my system running to create zfs
mirror from ad4s2 and ad5s2?

mjb

--
[ -----< Maciej Jan Broniarz || gausus at gausus.net >------ ]
| Siamo qui \ sotto la stessa luce \ sotto la sua croce \ |