I've borked my ZFS system upgrading to -STABLE

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Fri May 29 12:54:27 UTC 2009

Larry Rosenman wrote:
> On Thu, 28 May 2009, Ruben van Staveren wrote:
>

>> On 28 mei 2009, at 19:33, Niki Denev <nike_d at cytexbg.com> wrote:

>>> Just curious... doesn't  a "zfs upgrade -a" do the same thing?
>>
>> The zpool upgrade is just for the pools, but the filesystems keep
>> their original settings so we need to do that in a seperate move
> There is both a zpool upgrade and a zfs upgrade command.
>
> The zfs upgrade does the filesystems, and the zpool upgrade does the pool.

The pool had not been upgraded. The system in which I've mounted the
pool into is not -STABLE, and since the world didn't install on the
original system, I couldn't upgrade the pool. For archive purposes, here
is what I've done so far:

# zpool import storage
# zpool -t zfs storage /storage
# ln -s /storage/usr/obj /usr/obj
# cd /storage/usr/src
# make buildworld NO_FSCHG DESTDIR=/storage

...and that's where I'm at right now.

Thanks for all the help. I'll post back with the final results.

Steve