cvsup.de.FreeBSD.org out of sync? (was: "make buildkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC fails")

Christian Walther cptsalek at gmail.com
Tue May 26 20:38:33 UTC 2009

2009/5/26 Rick C. Petty <rick-freebsd2008 at kiwi-computer.com>:
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 08:42:52PM +0200, Christian Walther wrote:
>>
>> Well, for some strange reason the same happened again: I did
>>
>> # mv /usr/src /usr/src.old
>> # csup /root/stable-supfile
>> # cd /usr/src
>> # make buildkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC
>
> You should always do a "buildworld" before doing a "buildkernel", as the
> toolchain which builds the kernel might have changed.  Also
> "KERNCONF=GENERIC" is implied.

Thanks, I will do a buildworld before a buildkernel next time.
I issue KERNCONF= in this case, because I specified it in
/etc/make.conf for my own kernel configuration.

Okay, so I changed my stable-supfile:
#*default host=cvsup.de.FreeBSD.org
*default host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org

did another csup, and tried a buildkernel again. I'm happy to say that
it finished successfully. From my point of view it appears that
cvsup.de.freebsd.org is out of sync.
buildworld is running and I will do another buildkernel with my own
kernel configuration afterwards.

Christian Walther