RFT: ZFS MFC

Kip Macy kmacy at freebsd.org
Thu May 21 00:06:36 UTC 2009

> Unfortunately not a lot but we can do the following:
>
> - Donate some hardware (Fibre Channel HBAs) to the FreeBSD project (paid
> from my pocket, not my employer's one);
> - Donate some money (paid from my employer's pocket, if I can demonstrate
> that this can help us to save big bucks on high-end storage systems);
> - Detail in a very precise way all the tests that we are doing on ZFS, using
> the following storage: Apple Xraid, Nexsan Sas/SATAbeast, EMC (waiting for
> the final configuration) as a contribution to the FreeBSD community.
>
> In a few words, please let the community know what we can do in order to
> make this dream come true.

Contributing hardware to the cluster increases the range of platforms
that FreeBSD committers  can test on. I can't speak to whom or to what
to contribute money - that really depends on your perceived needs.

4GB / 8GB qlogic fibre channel support is actually on its way,
although I don't know the date.

Cheers,
Kip