RFT: ZFS MFC

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Sat May 16 06:50:22 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 05:02:22PM -0700, Kip Macy wrote:

  I've MFC'd ZFS v13 to RELENG_7 in a work branch. Please test if you can.

  http://svn.freebsd.org/base/user/kmacy/ZFS_MFC/

  The standard disclaimers apply. This has only been lightly tested in a
  VM. Please do not use it with data you care about at this time.

  Thanks,
  Kip

Seems to work for me so far.  I had a zfs send hang part way through and
with a notable speed difference depending on the direction but this is
literally the first time I've tried zfs send/recv and the systems are
setup different so I have no idea if it would have happened anyway.
Eventually I could probably make these test systems more similar to give a
fair test, but wanted to mention it so others could check.

Thanks for working on the MFC, I'm excited to see progress there!
It will play a factor in some upcoming server plans even if the MFC
doesn't happen for months.