TCP differences in 7.2 vs 7.1

Nigel Wohlers freebsd at eyede.com
Tue May 12 23:13:32 UTC 2009

On 13/5/09 8:41 AM, Xin LI wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> David Samms wrote:
>> After upgrading to 7.2 (amd64) some customers complained of very poor
>> bandwidth.  Upon investigation all the effected customers were ATT DSL
>> clients located all over the USA, not in a single city, nor were other
>> ISPs effected.  The server is a Supermicro with  dual (quad core)
>> processors with a single Intel fxp network card on a 100mbit connection.
>
> Could you please try if this would help:
>
> 	sysctl net.inet.tcp.tso=0
>
> Cheers,
> - --
> Xin LI<delphij at delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/

Thank you!  This hint has saved me a lot of troubleshooting.

I was having the same issue as David with 3 servers recently upgraded to
7.2.  Clients (MS Windows) were complaining that they were having
intermittent connectivity issues talking to these servers (https, imaps).

They too have fxp network interface cards, no issues with other servers
upgraded to 7.2 with em cards.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Nigel.