EEEPC and FreeBSD 7.2

David Marec david.marec at davenulle.org
Mon May 11 20:29:38 UTC 2009

Le Monday 11 May 2009 12:35:13 Henri-Pierre Charles, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 11:47 AM, David Marec <david.marec at davenulle.org>
wrote:
> > I am trying to use an EEEPC 701 as a diskless station, running FreeBSD 7.
>
> Great mini machine !

I agree. This one is owned by my wife, who does not want to change the system
that was shipped with it ( Xandros).

> > The EEPC station boots well with PXE then runs the kernel, but the only
> > network card that is recognized is the wireless one (ath0).
> >
> > I read that the wired NIC ( ae? ) has been committed to HEAD; is there
> > any way to make it work on 7-STABLE ?
>
> It works out of the box with 7.2
>
> You hust have to add if_ae_load="YES" in your /boot/loader.conf

I built a kernel that included this driver and the EEEPC is now working quite
well as a diskless station.
But i have to launch Xorg locally.

It doesn't start on XDMCP mode and i didn't found yet what is wrong with this.

/I think  i will start another thread on a Xorg dedicated list about this
point and the touchpad configuration./

--
http://david.marec.free.fr/
http://www.freebsd.org/fr/	http://www.diablotins.org/