Xorg hangs with drmwtq in 7.2-RELEASE

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Fri May 8 21:59:01 UTC 2009

On Friday 08 May 2009 07:35:45 am Robert Noland wrote:
> I still can't reproduce this...  I updated the Xserver, libGL and dri
> ports yesterday, all of which could be related to locking up the GPU and
> worth a shot.  Failing that, I need you to enabled drm debugging. Start
> the system without X, kldload radeon.ko, set sysctl hw.dri.0.debug=1
> then startx.

I've got all the updated ports as of last night, so that wasn't it.

I turned AIGLX back on, and it promptly locked up again. This time, however,
the screen went black instead of freezing, but otherwise the same as always.
I then turned on hw.dri.0.debug, and messages quickly filled up with the
following repeated message:

[drm:pid1195:drm_ioctl]     returning 4
[drm:pid1195:drm_ioctl] pid=1195, cmd=0x80046457, nr=0x57, dev 0xc615fa00, auth=1

--
David Johnson