[7.2] R/W mount of / denied. Filesystem not clean - run fsck.

Marat N.Afanasyev amarat at ksu.ru
Wed May 6 21:47:52 UTC 2009

Helmut Schneider wrote:
> Marat N.Afanasyev <amarat at ksu.ru> wrote:
>> Helmut Schneider wrote:
>>> I do have such thing (IBM Blade Center) but I'm looking for something
>>> to avoid the situation above. Something that lets me at least boot
>>> into single user mode.
>>>

>> if you have an ip-kvm you can drop into single-user and fsck any disk
>> you have. all you need to do is to choose 'single user' from
>> beastie-menu. or start kernel with -s parameter
>
> I *do* now how to enter single user mode but the kernel panic'ed
> *before* the shell started. :)

as far as I can guess from you other message panic occurs only after you see

Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/da0s1a
WARNING: R/W mount of /home denied.  Filesystem is not clean - run fsck
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider da0s2e is ufsid/49c3b0c4862f53b3.
[lots more]

so, I can suppose you don't start in single-user mode, because in
single-user init do not try to mount root at all, so you cannot see the
messages above.

if panics occur either in single or multiuser, then you can try
livefs_cd/PXE

--
SY, Marat