Garbled output from kgdb?

Alan Amesbury amesbury at umn.edu
Tue May 5 23:38:00 UTC 2009

Jung-uk Kim wrote:

> The attached patch is for -STABLE.  Note that it is only compile
> tested on amd64.

The platform in question is 7.1-RELEASE-p5/amd64, and the patch you
supplied looks like it applies cleanly to it.  While I am unable to pin
down the specific trigger of this flaw (the host simply panicked a
couple times while under moderate-to-heavy use), I'm willing to apply
the patch to the host's current source tree, provided you and John
Baldwin are in agreement that it's safe to do so.  Note that's not meant
to imply I don't trust your coding skills; I'm just not ready to modify
production assets without a second look.  ;-)

Thanks again for your help on this.  I appreciate it!

--
Alan Amesbury
OIT Security and Assurance