cvsup.uk.freebsd.org appears to not be serving

John lists at reiteration.net
Mon May 4 08:27:02 UTC 2009

Hi list, hopefully this is the right one and not -questions

cvsup.uk.freebsd.org appears to have not been serving these last few
weeks. I get, variously, in my logs:

Parsing supfile "/etc/cvsupfile"
Connecting to cvsup.uk.freebsd.org
Connected to cvsup.uk.freebsd.org
Rejected by server: Access limit exceeded; try again later
Will retry at 03:08:08
Retrying
Connecting to cvsup.uk.freebsd.org
Connected to cvsup.uk.freebsd.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing passive-mode data connection
Cannot connect to data port: Connection refused
Will retry at 03:18:04
Retrying
Connecting to cvsup.uk.freebsd.org
Connected to cvsup.uk.freebsd.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing passive-mode data connection
Cannot connect to data port: Connection refused
Will retry at 03:37:33
Retrying

... on and on and on, continuously, 24/7.

Because the update is called in a daily script by cron, potentially I
get many instances of cvsup each time cron calls it and this happens -
additionally the mailed output never arrives until the script
successfully completes. So the first I knew of this was when I wasn't
getting my mails for the daily run, but anyway...

I'm now using cvsup4.uk.freebsd.org, which seems to work fine. Should
cvsup.uk.freebsd.org be taken out of the list of cvsup servers?

cheers
--
John