current zfs tuning in RELENG_7 (AMD64) suggestions ?

Artem Belevich fbsdlist at src.cx
Sun May 3 00:03:10 UTC 2009

>> This information is outdated.  The current max in RELENG_7 for amd64 is
>> ~3.75GB.

Technically, RELENG_7 should allow kmem_size of up to 6G, but the
sysctl variables used for tuning are 32-bit and *that* limits
kmem_size to ~4G.
It's been fixed in -current and can easily be fixed in RELENG_7 (if
it's not fixedyet).

As far as I can tell, all necessary code to support large kmem_size is
already in RELENG_7. It's easy enough to allow even larger kmem_size.
See attached diff that I'm using. With that diff you can set
vm.kmem_size to ~16G.

--Artem