gstripe problem

Nenhum_de_Nos matheus at eternamente.info
Fri Jul 17 04:08:23 UTC 2009

hail,

I have a problem with gstripe on today stable. I created this stripe using a bit more old stable (two weeks tops) and it can't be read on old stable (from 30/12/2008). So I recreated in 8-BETA1 and I could mount and see files. When I tried again on 30/12/2008 stable and todays, on PII machine (i386):

[root at xxx ~]# gstripe status
          Name  Status  Components
stripe/stripe0      UP  ad4s2
                        ad6s2
[root at xxx ~]# gstripe list
Geom name: stripe0
State: UP
Type: MANUAL
Stripesize: 4096
ID: 2302026851
Providers:
1. Name: stripe/stripe0
   Mediasize: 1242615693312 (1.1T)
   Sectorsize: 512
   Mode: r0w0e0
Consumers:
1. Name: ad4s2
   Mediasize: 621307846656 (579G)
   Sectorsize: 512
   Mode: r0w0e0
   Number: 0
2. Name: ad6s2
   Mediasize: 621307846656 (579G)
   Sectorsize: 512
   Mode: r0w0e0
   Number: 1
[root at xxx ~]# ls /dev/stripe/
stripe0		stripe0c
[root at xxx ~]# mount /dev/stripe/stripe0 /null
mount: /dev/stripe/stripe0 : Invalid argument

on 8-BETA1 it works, but can't create stripe on it and use on this stable box though. the stripe already has files ! so anything weird could make me loose my data ...

the 8-BETA1 is amd64 and core 2 quad cpu.

any hints ?

thanks,

matheus

--