regression on releng_7 (and 8 beta1 vs proliant dl 385)

Raul raul at pop.isdefe.es
Fri Jul 10 11:38:49 UTC 2009

Hello,

I've tried an 8 beta 1 (from usb image, and source upgrade) and releng_7
(both amd64) from today on a hp's proliant 385 with the same
misbehaviors, kernel hung during boot at exactly the same point. Last
message on the console is: 'pci0: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib0' and the disk
led activity is solid on. After some trial / error and looking for more
information, I've tried verbose boot and surprisingly the machines
finish the boot process flawlessly and ask for credentials.

verbose dmesg availables at:

http://pastebin.com/m1918b1db
http://pastebin.com/m5edd8d03

Both boxes used to run releng_7_2 perfectly, and are ready to try
whatever you ask me ;).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Raul.