upgrading ports without recompiling

CmdLnKid cmdlnkid at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 02:16:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:16 -0000, pj wrote:

> Ishmael F.E. wrote:
> [...]
>> .
>> so, ¿how can I upgrade the ports?
>> unfortunatley I don't have time to compile my 64bit system
>
> Have you looked at the -PP option of portupgrade?
> I don't know how portmaster handles upgrades using packages only.

You could look into devel/ccache & devel/distcc if you would like to
speed up your compile times. Of course your first compile will always
be the slowest one but everyone after that will be faster. This is not
always advised as a good solution and has been known to throw some
pretty weird compiler bugs and also fail while compiling certain ports
but that is tweakable through /etc/make.conf*.

Best regards.
J. Hellenthal