Puzzling change in performance

Borja Marcos borjamar at sarenet.es
Fri Jan 30 01:34:45 PST 2009

Hello,

The attached graphs are from a server running FreeBSD 7.1-i386 (now)
with the typical Apache2+MySQL with forums, Joomla...

I just cannot explain this. Disk I/O bandwidth was suffering a lot,
and after the update the disks are almost idle.

Any ideas? I cannot imagine a change between versions to justify this.
The latest update to 7-STABLE had been done in August.

Maybe it was just degradation due to not being rebooted since August?
But it's strange anyway, and I had restarted MySQL and Apache some
times during this period.