Unhappy Xorg upgrade

Dan Allen danallen46 at airwired.net
Wed Jan 28 20:11:16 PST 2009

Although the hald_enable in /etc/rc.conf worked, I noticed that a lot
of other demons get running.  I needed to add dbus_enable as well.
That fix is too intrusive in my book.

In any event Firefox is now broken and does not run at all.

I backed out the /etc/rc.conf changes and generated an xorg.conf by
calling Xorg -configure.  I moved this to /etc/xorg.conf.  Things were
still broken until I added the recommended

	Option "AllowEmptyInput" "off"

in the ServerLayout section of xorg.conf.

Now I can use X again BUT... Firefox 3.0.5 is still broken.  It has
worked fine until this new Xorg.

This 7.4 version of X.org is not ready for STABLE!

Dan