switching bsdlabel's label

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Tue Jan 20 09:41:13 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 03:36:34PM -0200, Eduardo Meyer wrote:
> > Why not simply use bsdlabel -e da0s1?
>
> Because I didnt know about that? ;-)
>
> Thank you for the hint.
>
> However I still have the same doubt. Since basically its the same
> task, Is it safe do relabel this way?

I have done it several times without any problems.

Do, however, ensure that your /etc/fstab entries match the result before
you reboot; attempting a "mount" by hand (merely specifying either the
mount point or the device, but not both) before your next reboot can
serve as a useful reality check.

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.