Big problems with 7.1 locking up :-(

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon Jan 19 15:01:53 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 04:59:59PM -0500, Pete Carah wrote:
> I shouldn't *have* to kernel debug for a normal usage of an
> official release.

Agreed, but the problems that people are having do not seem to have
arisen on any of the systems that ran prelease tests for 7.1.  Although
I'm sure it does not seem that way to you, 7.1R had a very long QA cycle,
and as far as I knew all the showstopper issues had already been addressed
(although I don't officially speak for re@, I'm just an observer.)

With my bugmeister hat on, I'll happily accept suggestions about how
we can get more people involved in testing the prelease images.  Clearly
the situtation we're in right now is not where anyone wants us to be.

mcl