Big problems with 7.1 locking up :-(

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Fri Jan 16 07:40:16 PST 2009

> If you do INVARIANTS + WITNESS + WITNESS_SKIPSPIN, that should be good.
> WITNESS does a number of things, including tracking (and being judgemental
> about) lock order.  One nice side effect of that tracking is that we keep
> track of a lot more lock state explicitly, so DDB's "show allocks", "show
> locks", etc, commands can build on that.  "show lockedvnods" works without
> WITNESS, though, so your results so far suggest this is likely not related to
> vnode locking.

Right, I've gone back to my DEBUG kernel which has a lot of options in it,
including all the above. It has locked almost immediately luckily, so
now I have it sitting at the debugger prompt. The output from 'show alllocks'
is here:

http://toybox.twisted.org.uk/~pete/71_show_alllocks.png

Which of these are worth tracing ?

-pte.