named won't start -- solved

Mike Lempriere mike at vintners.net
Thu Jan 15 05:38:47 PST 2009

Got it!  Thanks Sergey, the migration doc you pinted out below showed me
to the real problem.

I had an old directive:
    query-source address * port 53;

Commenting this out now allows named to start.  I'm getting a
    working directory is not writable
error now, but that's something I should be able to figure out myself!

Interestingly enough, I have this same declaration on my secondary
machine.  That machine just went through the same process, and it did
not have this problem...

Thanks for all the help guys -- much appreciated!

--
Mike Lempriere- Home: mike at vintners.net  Phone: 206-780-2146
Cellphone: 206-200-5902;  text pager: mikelemp at tmail.com