How to get djbdns to start early enough to satisfy ntpd at boot?

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Thu Jan 15 04:54:04 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 07:22:39AM -0500, Maxim Khitrov wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Andrew Reilly
> <andrew-freebsd at areilly.bpc-users.org> wrote:
[snip]
> > So: does anyone know how to modify the boot-time order so that
> > svscan starts at (or before) the point in the boot cycle where
> > BIND would, on other systems?  I suspect that it should be
> > possible by changing the PROVIDE: in svscan.sh to include one of
> > the things REQUIRE:'d by ntpd.  Or perhaps the REQUIRE: LOGIN in
> > svscan.sh is incompatible with the BEFORE: LOGIN in ntpd?
> >
> > Has any other user of dnscache encountered and solved this
> > problem?
> >

> I use the following in svscan.sh, no problems with ntpdate or any other service:
>
> # PROVIDE: svscan
> # REQUIRE: FILESYSTEMS netif pf
> # BEFORE:  routing

Thanks a lot for that!  I'll test it on one of my own machines[1] and
I'll incorporate it into the port's options in a couple of days.

G'luck,
Peter

[1] Yes, Andrew, I have the same problem on one machine which is only
restarted very rarely, so I just drop a curse and restart ntpd and
I couldn't be bothered to actually automate it... sorry for that!

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at space.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
The rest of this sentence is written in Thailand, on