Simple? Hardware upgrade.

Jorge Biquez jbiquez at icsmx.com
Wed Jan 14 06:59:10 PST 2009

Hello all.

I have a 4.11 Stable version that has been working without problems
in the last years. We do not need nothing else for the moment but we
are looking to have more speed. It has been running under a double
Pentium III processor with 512MB of ram and it has a disk of 40GB.

I was wondering of it is possible to do 2 things.

a) Only put the disk in a new machine at least a double core with 2GB
of RAM. My guess is that could boot with a few problems on
hardware.... what do you think?

b) If is possible to "clone" the same installation to a new faster
disk (like a sata 250GB). I know I can install a /.x version and for
sure will work but here the idea is to have things running as usual
without problems. This installation is very stable and secure and has
been with us for years.... we would like to keep it working for more
years.... :=)

on b). Is there a simple way to do it?

Thanks in advance

Jorge Biquez