Lock order reversals using bce in 7.1

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Mon Jan 12 05:30:13 PST 2009

> You don't want WITNESS_KDB, but WITNESS_SKIPSPIN would probably be
> sensible to include.

OK, I will take out the WITNESS_KDB. I am reluctant to add in
WITNESS_SKIPSPIN though, as I understand it stops witnessing spin
locks, is that right ? As the only error message I have ever got out
of all fo this explicitly mentioned spinlocks then I'd rather have them
monitored.

> That's due to WITNESS_KDB and probably unrelated to your problems.

OK, will re-do all those tests - and also revert to the correct subject line
for this thread (I am not quite sure why I typed a new one, it's a stupid
thing to do as it makes it hard to follow).

cheers,

-pete.