[HEADS UP] drm merged to -STABLE

Robert Noland rnoland at 2hip.net
Sat Jan 10 08:49:17 PST 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-10 at 10:01 -0500, Robert Noland wrote:
> I just merged drm (Direct Rendering) from HEAD.
>
>         - Support for latest Intel chips
>         - Support and fixes for many AMD/ATI chips r500 and below
>         - Support AMD/ATI IGP based chips (rs690/rs485)
>         - Lots of code cleanups
>         - Lots of other fixes and changes since the existing drm
>           is 2+ years old
>
> If you are experiencing a "garbled" screen with certain pci/pci-e based
> radeons, I have another patch in HEAD that isn't included yet.

I decided to go ahead and fully sync to HEAD, so this should be resolved
as well.  This added:

        - Use bus_dma to allocate scatter/gather pages for pci GART.
          This fixes "garbled" screen issues on pci based radeons.
        - Prevent drm from attaching to secondary devices even if they
          have the the same pci id.

robert.