Lock enabling onboard lan (Attansic L1 GbE) on 7.1-PRERELEASE

Barbara barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it
Fri Jan 9 19:07:27 PST 2009

>On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 11:36:54AM +0100, Barbara wrote:
>
>[...]
>
> > I've
tried all the thing you've suggested with
> > the same result.
> > I've
disabled "LAN Option ROM", but it seems that I don't have
> > the other
options you mentioned.
> > I've downloaded and burned the 7.1-RELEASE dvd

and tried to boot from it, but it hangs at the same point.
> > Finally I've
tried
> > booting a CURRENT snapshot cd (8.0-CURRENT-200812) and I was able to
properly
> > configure the device in sysinstall.
> > Any idea about the
problem?

>No, there is no source code differences between CURRENT and 7.1-
RELEASE.

> > I've installed
> > from 7.0 and I have another NIC, but being
now age in GENERIC, I hope it will
> > not cause troubles to other people
installing for the first time.
> > Anyway thank
> > you for now, and ask me if
there is something that I can do to fix the problem
> > like more tests,
patches, etc.

>Would try the following WIP version?
>http://people.
freebsd.org/~yongari/age/if_age.c
>http://people.freebsd.
org/~yongari/age/if_agereg.h
>I have no longer access to L1 hardware so I don't
know whether it
>helps or not.
>
>--
>Regards,
>Pyun YongHyeon

Well, it
works!
As I've said, it's not a real problem for me, but I'm so sorry about not
having tested before so it could be merged before 7.1-RELEASE, but I had it
disabled and nearly forgot about that.
Please, feel free to ask whenever you
want if you want me doing tests on that NIC.

Thanks
Barbara